Friday, September 18, 2009

just a vagabond

I’m a vagabond girl (woman, really...but girl sounds better) who claims New Hampshire to be her stomping grounds. Currently, I live in Georgia. I have lived in eleven states and traveled around many more, have spent 10 years of my life living overseas, and thoroughly enjoyed the travel opportunities. I am a self proclaimed efficiency expert which translates to some as impatient. I have no natural musical ability, which I find depressing and incredibly unfair. I was given the organizational-skills gene. Anyone wanna trade?

I am a girly-girl. I like to dress feminine, have my hair ironed and make-up intact. I love jewelry, and am rarely without a necklace and earrings. I love Shakespeare, chic flicks and female vocalists. However, I am very self-sufficient. I fix and/or build stuff, love power tools, skeet shooting, riding my Triumph Bonneville T-100, and ice hockey. Kick-boxing intrigues me and I’d love to sign up for classes. I do not have a fear of spiders or snakes, but I can’t stand Palmetto bugs, roaches or frogs.

I have read thousands of books and am always looking for a good recommendation. I am a decent cook and appreciate creative recipes. Because I was divorced this summer, I am starting back to school for a degree in Computer Engineering Technology, and have high hopes to be an A student and employed. I just moved to a new city (for me) on August 1st. Relocating to a new city has never been an intimidating thing for me, but as I get older I notice it’s more difficult to make new friends.

I have two beautiful and talented daughters, one in high school, Zexi, and one in college, KC. They both live with me and I like it that way. Zexi saw my old college ID from ages ago and said I looked like Megan Fox. Of course I like having these girls around! Sewing has been a hobby of mine, although it’s been quite a while since I’ve been creative in that department. My favorite sewing projects were making period costumes. What fun.

I love new technology and am thankful to live in a time of internet, mp3s, and cell phones. I spend more time on the computer than in front of the TV. I do not like reality shows. Seriously… vulgar, whining people??? If I wanted to see that every day I’d have been a high school teacher. There isn’t much on TV I do like, except The Big Bang Theory. Is that going to return this fall? Yes, I am a couch potato at times, but prefer BBC, period dramas, and comedy. I also am a Netflix member who rents a lot of independent films.

Today I purchased a hand-held mp3 recording device (more technology) so I can record these whirling clouds of ideas and thoughts for further blog fodder. Maybe now, I’ll be able to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. BonnieGirl- I started to blog a while back b/c I could not sleep and now I don't sleep and have an addiction to blogging. It sounds like there is allot of craziness (in a good way) in your life and wish you the best with all the change. Be well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog Rob. Your pics are FAB! Keep on riding.

    ReplyDelete