I have been living in a rental home for six months now because the house I own is still on the market waiting for a buyer. Did I mention it is 150 miles away?
Yea, well, I had to relocate in order to get into a college program, so here I am in a rental.
Yesterday I drove the 150 miles to my house. I cleaned toilets, washed floors, vacuumed, and cranked up the hot water heater. I still have the utilities on at the house for several reasons, so I planned to spend the night and drive back on Sunday (today). I have the house staged with formal dining room furniture, the master bedroom and bath, and the eat-in kitchen and family room area. I also have the laundry/home office staged, so basically, all the comforts of home except a TV and computer.
I threw the bed linens in the washing machine, did some cleaning, wrote an email and ran a bubble bath. I must admit I was giddy with excitement over the opportunity to have a luxurious bath. The rental home in which I am currently living has a bathtub that is so shallow it doesn't get my knees wet. No kidding. It's pathetic. It makes me miss my SIX-foot whirlpool tub all that much more. I set up a laptop with a Netflix DVD and slipped into the tub. Heaven. It was so fantastic. I sipped a drink, watched the movie and stayed in the tub until I was completely wrinkled.
I have determined that when my house sells, I will have to find a house with a six-foot tub, or room for a six- foot tub so that one could be installed. Now that I have lived without one,
I realize it is a deal-breaker.
No comments:
Post a Comment