Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dreams

Mom, You may not want to read this. It's sad.

I was standing in the living room.  It was the house my family lived in from July 2001 through May 2004. Our first house in Cambridgeshire, England. The patio blinds were open and I could see out onto the patio and back garden of our property. The garden was overgrown with weeds that were knee high. It was a mess.

Entering through the garden gate to the left of the patio window was an infant wearing nothing but a diaper. The baby had a very large head, but was walking upright and carrying a shovel. My (ex) husband followed right behind.

I knew that Husband had brought this baby to the back yard to take care of the big mess. I felt sorry for the baby. It was dark and cold because it was Fall and the baby was only wearing a diaper.

The floodlights on the detached garage flashed on. The lights were too intense for the baby. The baby fell to the ground and was shaking to try to get away from the intense light. I was separated from the baby with the glass patio door. I was horrified that the baby was hurting and yelled and yelled at Husband to turn off the light and help the baby. Husband seemed oblivious to the pain of the baby. He seemed reluctant to turn off the light. He wanted the baby to fix the overgrown garden/lawn. Seeing the baby so vulnerable and hurting made my chest hurt and I continued to holler at Husband to turn off the light and help the baby.

Husband reluctantly meandered back towards the garage to turn off the floodlights, but before he could reach the switch to turn off the light, a big wind came through the back garden and swept the baby up into the sky. The shovel lay on the ground. The baby was now about three stories up in the air being carried through trees and down the block several houses. I screamed at the top of my lungs to Husband trying to get him to move quickly to save the baby. He just stood there. Husband was nonplussed, while I was rushing through thickets and trees trying to track the baby to keep the baby from harm, screaming and screaming for Husband to help.

Then, my alarm clock went off.

Tomorrow. The interpretation by Angela.

No comments:

Post a Comment