Wednesday, October 7, 2009

ah...yeah, I'm getting old

I've got this new chapter going on in my life; the one where I attend college. So, this will probably provide the occasional bit of blog fodder. Today was the perfect example.


Let me just preface this with the fact that although I am one of the oldest people in my class, I have a great rapport with the young students. I pretty much chit chat with them all and they treat me like one of the gang.


So, I'm in my Engineering Graphics class today, and after diligently working on homework for an hour, the instructor gave us a break.


The guy sitting next to me is a handsome black guy who wears sports clothing and dreads. During the break he went on-line on his computer and went to the IRS site. I asked him if he owed the IRS or something and we had a friendly banter about the IRS and getting things repossessed.


I returned to my studies and soon he exclaims, "There! Now I can sell some beats."


Beets?” I ask. The vegetable?” I’m looking at him with a quizzical face wondering how it could be possible that this non-farmer guy is going to be selling beets. I mean, there's no overalls or camoflagued hat or dirty fingernails, but. . . the sports clothes, the white sneakers, the dreadlocks etc.


No!" “Beats!” he says holding up his ipod.


Oh! Tunes!” I said, totally snorting while laughing on that one.


The other kids students laughed at WITH me.


so... ah...yeah, I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment