Wednesday, October 14, 2009

thanks for sharing, Darryl

I can't believe it's been an entire week since I've made an entry.
 Just goes to show you just how quiet my life can be at times. 
But fortunately, I got a great email from my sister today and
decided to share.   
Throw on the soundtrack to the Deliverance movie and start reading.

Did you know that if the heat inside of you car gets too hot
 it will cause the air bags to deploy?





And I'm not sure if it's the heat or the air bags
 that then causes the windshield to explode.




Do I know this from experience... no,
but Darryl does.
Did you know that if you are 1/2 way between
 Florence, SC and Kingsburg, SC
you are officially in the middle of
N O W H E R E ?!





And when flames are shooting out
 from under the dashboard,
 it is a good idea
 to get out of the car and call 911 . . .
and THEN the tow truck.




Somewhere along the line, call your spouse.







On the way home from nowhere,
do not ask for any lessons learned
 unless you really want to hear them.





I was doing really well just listening,
then I opened my big mouth~ but... he asked.
Does that count?


And I'm not sure if it's okay to laugh after
 he starts telling me his tramatic experience,
but I couldn't help it.



You'd laugh too if you heard the way Darryl told the story. . .




He was standing outside the car
 trying to shine the light from his cell phone
 towards what looked like a street sign.









He hears two loud explosions.





He thought he was being shot at.
(it was actually the airbags deploying)


Okay, that's when I started laughing.




Then... he said if he started hearing banjo music,
his fat, white self was gonna start running
 and die from a heart attack



 before any thing/anyone else
could get ahold of him.



Is this not a priceless story?

No comments:

Post a Comment