I had an appointment to have my carpets professionally cleaned. Show time was for 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. At 10:50 I got a call from the guy saying he was in a distant town and it'd be another half hour to an hour before he got to my house.
I turned around and called the business office to say my time was valuable, and that I should receive a discount for the two hours they left me waiting. The 18 year old guy on the phone with no professional manner whatsoever, said that it wasn't possible to give a discount. My guess is that they rely on repeat business? Yeah, right.
The "professional" carpet cleaner showed up at 11:55 a.m..
Ass.
He dragged his sorry butt around setting things up (oh wow, laying down a piece of vacuum hose), when I told him I wanted him to run the water outside until it got hot enough to produce steam cause I didn't want my carpets soaked.
That's when this carpet-cleaner with an attitude told me he didn't need to do that because the truck instantaneously produces steam. I'm guessing he was making these calculatons based on the Masters in Science he received from Liquor Store Parking Lot University. I told him I'd done this a time or two and I wanted the water run outside first. PERIOD.
He stomped out of the house (actually displayed some energy) and called his office to whine to the boss in the hopes of proving me wrong. It actually would have taken less time to just let the water run. The boss must have told him to suck it up cause he went to the truck to get the water running.
At this point, I kinda wanted him to just drive away because I didn't trust him in my house now that his phone call to the boss didn't work out. I envisioned him deliberately soaking my carpets.
So, the company sent a man to my house two hours late, didn't offer an apology or a discount to make up for disrespecting my time, then had me deal with a beligerant worker,
SO, when I paid;
I post dated my check by one week.
Let them wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment