Friday, November 6, 2009

More car stories

Since we're on the subject of cars I have several car stories.
 As I mentioned, I just bought this 2008 Sentra in July. I love this car and am so happy to be driving something with a padded seat, cruise control, power windows and door locks and that really great feature of the lock/unlock do-hickey thing that allows you to lock/unlock the car without using a key.   I love that.


Well, I moved into a rental home recently, and although I am so thankful for this house and the reduced rate I pay, there are a few frustrating things about the place. One would happen to be the garage door opener. Yes , I am thankful to even have a garage and an electric garage door opener after living in England for six years where they don't even make their garages wide enough for cars, let alone power the door with an electronic opener. But, I digress. As I was saying, my garage door opener . . . sometimes it doesn't open all the way. Sometimes it starts to open and then decides to close. Sometimes it stops closing part way down.

Monday morning I was heading off to school, hit the garage door opener, and got in my car. I start backing out of the garage when I hear a terrible crunching sound from my car. Horrified, I immediately slam on my brakes. I check to see if I just ripped off the side mirror of my car since I have to park very close to side of the garage so we can fit two cars in the garage. Hmmmm, the mirror is still there. I get out of my car and realize that the garage door went up, but not entirely, and so the antennae, which sits on the top of my rear window, has caught the garage door and popped off. ( big sad face ) Oh, my "new" car!



Last weekend, my daughter had her boyfriend come for a visit. His Mustang was parked in the "T" portion of the driveway that you use to back out of your garage, you know, so you can pull out to the street in Drive rather than Reverse.



Well, I totally forgot he was parked there and swung my car out of the garage right into him. Once again, the whole horrified reaction set in, and got out of my car to see what damage I have done. Thankfully, his car didn't have a scratch. My bumper however, must have flexed in to receive the impact and although it popped back to its original shape, the paint crinkled. Is that the right terminology? (big sad face ) Oh, my new car!



Today I had to rent a U-Haul trailer to pick up
 an upright freezer from Sears.
 The entire pick-up/drop off circumference is about 2 miles.



I borrowed my daughter's car.

End of story.


No comments:

Post a Comment