Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Shoulda Known. . .

Today I decided to change the cartridge on the master bath shower because the dripping has been driving me insane.  I looked up directions on the internet, gathered my tools and went to work.

Step 1.  Turn off the water to the house. check.

Step 2.  Remove the handle of the faucet via the small set screw.
uh, use the small allen wrench
yah, maybe some WD-40 will help
hmmm. can't seem to budge it, give me a flashlight
yea, small set screw to loosen
I'll try these other five allen wrenches
nothing
aw crap

I'll have to hire my plumber to do this stupid job just cause I can't loosen the set screw.

I'll go turn the water back on to the house.
Hmm, the handle doesn't seem to want to turn. . .
That's wierd, it turned so easily to turn the water off. I'll get my gloves.
That's still not budging, I'll get my adjustable wrench. . .
It's turning.
No water. Guess there must be air in the lines. I'll let it run.
Hmmm. nothing.
aw crap

Now I have to call the water company to come out to turn the water back on because the valve is not working.

Just shoot me now.

Just had the water company out here.
They informed me that the valve is on the property owner side of the meter and therefore they can not touch it.  I must have a plumber do it.

It's Sunday afternoon.

Super Bowl Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment