Thursday, February 10, 2011

Past My Bedtime

Even though I am a full-time college student and have to devote most of my free time to studying, I do like to have a book to read in the evening before I turn out the lights. I follow several Blogs, and Ree Drummond is one of them. I look forward to opening up her blog every morning before I head out to school. It never fails to put a smile on my face. Well, Ree has published a book on the story of how she met and married her husband. According to Ree, she had previously blogged increments of the story, but was encouraged to go publish it. I am glad she did.

Last night I climbed into bed after my 11:00 p.m. bedtime due to Physics homework that could not wait until morning. Normally, I am very strict about my 11 pm bedtime because I like to feel refreshed in the morning rather than weeping at the idea of getting out of bed. Well, I couldn't resist "just one chapter" before turning off my light.  The "one chapter" turned into several chapters because I had to know if she took the great apartment in Chicago. It was after midnight before I came to the end of section one, which forced me to stop reading.

Anyway, the book is available in print or the new digital format. Grab a copy, but pace yourself and make it last. Good reads like this don't come around all that often.





No comments:

Post a Comment