I must study 22 Physics problems this weekend in order to prepare for test on Monday morning. I am not feeling confident in this subject dealing with converging and diverging lenses and magnification. It's all quite muddled in my brain right now. I studied 18 hours for my last Physics test and received 20 out of a possible 20 points. I have made A's on everything I have worked on in that class, so to feel muddled right now is frustrating.
The fact that I just received a 78% on my first test in my nuclear class has me discouraged, perhaps that is contributing to the feelings of being overwhelmed. Now, we have been assigned an enormous amount of work to memorize for a test this Wednesday. Frankly, if the test is as detail oriented as the first, I really don't see how I'll pass it. I may have to walk away from the nuclear program if they continue their unrealistic assignments.
I also had my first test in Inorganic Chemistry. It was hard, but hopefully I didn't embarrass myself there. I enjoy the class, but the material requires a good bit of study time. I'll receive the results on Monday night. Gosh, I hope I did A or B work, or I may crawl under a blanket and stay there for days.
It's been raining for days which raised the water level in the pool. Today, Miranda and I went out, vacuumed a good bit of water out of the pool, and brought it back down to its proper level. While draining the water, I noticed the water came up out of the ground and into the waste drain, which means that there must be a broken/cracked drainpipe underground. Oh, joy. That means that I'll be digging up pipe come Springtime. I'm sure my back will be thanking me for that. Perhaps I'd better start back into my aerobics program to prepare.
In addition to the crappy tests, a muddled brain, and broken drainpipes, my shower is dripping which will require me to turn off the water to the entire house, remove the current faucet pieces, and replace the offending bits on the cartridge. If I dork it up, I do have a good plumber to help me out. I just thought I'd try to save myself some money.
I was trying to save money recently when I chose to replace the guts to the toilet in the half bath. Although the job was not complicated, it did bring me to tears with frustration. That speaks volumes because I rarely cry, maybe once every five years… Anyway, the nut underneath the tank near the wall had been over tightened, and I ended up having to drill the piece apart from inside the tank. Yes, good memories. But, I did save money. The question is, at what point do you pay someone to save you from frustration? I'm sure I'll be finding out in the near future when I attempt to repair the shower, and again in the Spring when I am digging up drain pipes.
No comments:
Post a Comment